The Website may have links to third party website and services. This Policy does not apply to such third-party website and services. By continuing to browse or use our sites, you agree that we can store and access essential cookies and other necessary tracking technologies as described in this policy.
What are cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. The other tracking technologies work similarly to cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our websites. This allows our websites to recognize your device from those of other users of the websites. The information provided below about cookies also applies to these other tracking technologies.
- To provide you with Viacom 18 Services
- To provide non-personalized or personalized recommendations
- To identify your location
- To identify your browser and device.
- For analytics and research,
- Measure and analyze the audience for each page in order to subsequently improve the ergonomics, browsing, or visibility of content;
- Measure the reliability of Website by analyzing the number of visits to its pages in real time, and offer varied ads that are adapted to users’ areas of interest;
- Cookies may also be saved by social media tools if you use these functionalities (e.g. Facebook, Google & LinkedIn).
Types of cookies
We use different types of cookies on the Website for different purposes.
1. First-party cookies
These are the cookies that belong to us and which we place on your device or are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time. We use these cookies as they are absolutely necessary to provide you Viacom 18 Services. If you choose to opt out of these cookies, then we may not be able to provide you Services. The table below would help you to understand what these necessary cookies do.
2. Third-party cookies
These cookies are set by someone other than us when you access or use the Website. We have no control over third-party cookies – you can turn them off, but not through us. (For e.g. advertising agencies may place their cookies on our website which will collect tracking information and serve you with advertisements). We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether you wish to accept them or not.
In cases where the third party acts as the data controller, how they use the data which they collect and/or process through our Websites is completely determined by them and Viacom 18 plays no role in the same. If you wish to know the list of third party cookies we use, drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with our key third-party providers.
3. Persistent Cookies
4. Session Cookies
Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above.
The data collected by the websites and/or through cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information will be kept in our database until we get explicit consent from you to remove all the stored cookies.
We categorize cookies as follows:
- a) Essential cookiesThese Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged in/out to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites. Some of the essential cookies we use include the Google tag Manager.
- b) Analytical/Performance cookiesThese Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyse how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what content are most frequently visited, watch history and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics and New Relic cookies.
- c) Functionality cookiesThese Cookies let us operate the Sites in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the Sites and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
- d) Targeting or Advertising CookiesThese cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on Viacom 18 websites. They remember that you have visited one of our websites and this information is shared with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies. Some of the advertising cookies that we use include DoubleClick and Facebook Custom Audience. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third-parties.
Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me?
Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
Accepting or Refusing Cookies
The saving of a cookie on a device is governed by user-defined settings of the browser the user choses to use. If you have accepted the saving of cookies through your browser, they will be integrated into the pages and content you have viewed and may be temporarily stored in a dedicated location on your device. They will only be readable by their issuer.
You may still choose at any time to delete or disable all or part of these cookies using your browser, with the exception of the First Party Cookies which are necessary for the Website to function.